- from PW
- 3 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 5 cloves Garlic, Minced
- 1 whole Large Onion, Diced
- 3 whole Carrots, Washed And Sliced Thin
- 4 whole Yellow Squash (sliced)
- Salt To Taste
- 1 Tablespoon Curry Powder (more To Taste!)
- ½ cups Dry White Wine (optional)
- 48 ounces, fluid Chicken Broth
- Heavy Cream (optional)
Heat olive oil in a heavy pot over medium heat. Add garlic and onions and stir to coat. Add carrots and cook for 3 minutes, or until they start to get soft. Sprinkle in a little salt.
Add squash. Stir and cook for a few minutes, until squash is soft and tender. After a few minutes, add salt to taste and the curry powder.
Pour in wine if using. Let evaporate for about 30 seconds, then pour in chicken broth. Reduce heat to a simmer, cover pot, and cook for 1 hour.
After 1 hour, taste and adjust seasonings. Turn off heat.
Puree soup using an immersion blender, or in batches in a regular blender. Return to soup pot and bring to a simmer. Serve hot. If you’re feeling naughty, drizzle heavy cream over the top.